80% Lean Ground Beef Chuck – 1 1/2 pounds
Kosher Salt &Freshly Ground Pepper
Cheddar Cheese (Optional) – 8 Thin Slices
Soft Sesame Buns, Split – 4
Bibb Lettuce & Sliced Tomato, For Topping
- Sprinkle the ground beef evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
- Gently form the meat into 4 balls or 8 balls for sliders to then lightly press into 4-inch-wide, 1-inch-thick patties.
- Make a 2-inch-wide indentation in the center of each with your thumb to prevent the burgers from bulging when grilled.
- Preheat a grill to high. Season the patties with salt and pepper. Grill, undisturbed, until marked on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Turn and grill until the other side is marked and the patties feel firm 3 to 5 more minutes; if desired, top each burger with 2 slices cheese during the last 2 minutes of cooking and cover with a disposable aluminium pan to melt.
- Serve the patties on the buns; top with lettuce and tomato, pickle, mayonnaise and ketchup.