Sauté Potatoes, Chorizo, Garlic & Coriander
This side dish bursts with flavours – and the method of preparing the potatoes by sautéing, makes it even better. Pairs exceptionally well with Garlic mushrooms, and a well-aged Ribeye making for a meal fit for a king.
Potatoes (Cut In Half) – 500 grams
Sliced Whole Garlic – 20 grams
Chorizo – 75 grams
Coriander Leaves – 25 grams
Butter – 10 grams
Olive Oil – 15 grams
Malden Sea Salt
- Using a large hot black skillet – add the olive oil, once hot add the potatoes that have been cut in half or thirds depending on the size of the potatoes, place them flesh side down in the pan and allow them to cook gently on medium temperature, season with salt and white pepper.
- Once the potatoes start to take on a golden-brown colour continuously turn over and over to make sure they are evenly golden-brown and crispy.
- Add the sliced chorizo and garlic and allow to cook through the crispy potatoes, once the potatoes are crispy and cooked through and the garlic and chorizo has crisped up and flavoured the potatoes, add the butter and toss gently.
- Add a few grinds of black pepper and the coriander leaves and serve rustic style.
- Serve with a nice piece of Ribeye – or as a snack with some ranch dressing.
Noble Hill 2011 Viognier – A buttery wine, with an almost velvety mouthfeel the Noblehill Viognier is a quiet powerhouse of the varietal. The first taste of honeysuckle and lime gently infused with a light peach flavour leads into a wine rich with stonefruit and hinting at cloves, ginger and straw.