Chocolate Ganache Tart
1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs (sugar cookie, graham cracker, digestive, etc.)
6 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
1/4 cup caster sugar
2 Tbsp orange rind
- Preheat oven to 285 degrees F
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl until crumbly. Press firmly into a 9″ tart pan (sides first, then bottom) Bake for 4/5 mins. Cool completely in pan.
Dark Chocolate Ganache Filling
Valrhona Chocolate – 12 Oz (340 grams)
Heavy Whipping Cream – 1 Cup (240 grams)
Unsalted Butter Room Temperature – 4 tbsp
70% Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
Ground Cinnamon – 1 tbsp
Ground Hazelnut – 1 tbsp
- Dark Chocolate Ganache Filling
- Place the chocolate, butter, cocoa and hazelnut into a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, bring cream, cinnamon, just barely to a simmer. Pour over chopped chocolate mix and cover bowl immediately with plastic wrap. Let it stand for a few minutes. Stir with a spatula until combined and smooth.
- Pour into the cooled tart shell and allow to bake at a 60 Degrees °F oven for 60 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Maldon sea salt and drizzle with shaved chocolate or cocoa, serve at room temperature without even placing in the fridge, whipped cream or Vanilla ice cream is a great compliment.
Vergelegen – ‘V’ Cabernet Sauvignon, Stellenbosch 2012
The Flagship wine has texture of liquid silk. Concentrated but elegant, a luxurious wine with a long aftertaste. It is a focused, classically proportioned red, combining freshness with concentration, suppleness with structure. Aromatic and refined, it has plenty more to give.