Bread flour – 350 grams
Yeast – 15 grams
Butter – 30 grams
Sugar – 1 gram
Salt – 4 grams
Lukewarm water (25 -30°C) – 250 ml
Garlic & Herb Butter
Soft butter – 250 grams
Garlic, diced fine – 25 grams
Rosemary diced fine – 3 grams
Shallot, diced fine – 50 grams
White pepper – pinch
Salt – pinch
Wax paper for rolling – 1 sheet
String for tying the ends – 1 roll
- Sift together the flour, salt, and sugar into a bowl.
- Add the butter and the yeast to the flour and rub through thoroughly, until it is well spread throughout.
- Once all the water has been absorbed and the dough starts forming a ball shape, start kneading until the dough is ready (12-15 minutes).
- Cover the dough and allow to rise for 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Cover the table with some flour, roll the dough into a long log shape and portion into the size preference as you are desired.
Braaiing the Bread
- Place the bread onto the Braai grid and braai over a low-medium heat, turning consistently until it is done.
- It would feel a lot lighter when it is ready to be removed from the grid.
For the Garlic & Rosemary Butter
- Whisk the soft butter with the garlic, rosemary, parsley, salt, and pepper together.
- Place the butter in a log shape onto the wax paper, fold over the end and roll tightly into a log shape.
- Pinch off both end of the wax paper and tie each end using the rope. Trim off excess paper to neaten the final product up.